The RSL&SCA will be hosting its inaugural Veteran & Community Engagement Forum on Monday 4 March at Kirribilli Club in North Sydney.
Club operators at all levels can be part of a conversation that will explore best practice veteran and community engagement via storytelling, technology, school and youth engagement, grants and more.
Join the RSL&SCA team to hear from experts, explore how as an industry this can be done better, and network with peers to make 2024 your club’s year of meaningful growth.
“Core to the purpose of the RSL & Services Clubs Association is our commitment to veterans and their families, and to the broader community. This is also how we maintain relevance and vibrancy, no matter the type of venue,” stated Margot Smith, CEO of RSL & Services Clubs Association.
Highlights of the program will include:
- Welcome address by Robyn Preston, Shadow Minister for Veterans
- Leadership in Veteran Engagement session with Victoria Benz, Deputy Commissioner, NSW & ACT, Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Topics that will be covered include:
- Importance of Stories in Veteran and Community Engagement
- Grants: What you need to know
- Strategies to Engage Youth and Schools
- Utilising Digital Platforms for Veteran & Community Engagement, and more
Speakers on the day will include GoodPR; representatives from L&G, DVA and NSW Office of Veterans and the Australian War Memorial; Hon. Charlie Lynn, Adventure Kokoda; Jane Mills, P&C Association, and more.