ClubsNSW will withdraw its legal action against former employee Troy Stolz after the warring parties signed a confidential settlement on Tuesday morning. The decision to withdraw the two court actions against Stolz – who is terminally ill with Stage 4 cancer – and his wife Diane, comes after the board of ClubsNSW sacked CEO Josh Landis last week over comments he made about Premier Dominic Perrottet.
Stolz has also withdrawn his own legal claim against the club lobby group which followed his dismissal.
“I am happy to announce that the litigation between me and ClubsNSW has resolved,” he said. “I am relieved it’s over and that I can now concentrate on my health.
“I will continue to push for gambling reform in this State, but I am no enemy of ClubsNSW or clubs generally. Clubs are an important part of and a benefit to the community.”
The ClubsNSW case against Stolz for breach of the confidentiality clause of his employment contract and criminal contempt was due to return to the Federal Court this month.
Stolz was suing ClubsNSW for defamation and alleged breaches of the Fair Work Act.
“ClubsNSW is pleased that a mutually agreeable settlement has been reached in the matters with Mr Troy Stolz,” the peak body said in a statement late Tuesday. “Due to the confidential nature of the settlement, no further details will be provided.”
Stolz confirmed to Club Management that he will still contest the seat of Kogarah in the NSW March election, on a gambling reform platform, running as an independent against Labor leader Chris Minns.
Stolz said he could also make no further comment on the settlement.