ClubsACT has proudly announced a new partnership with the Canberra Hospital Foundation (CHF).
As the industry association that represents the interests of not-for-profit community clubs in the ACT, it supports the club industry in maintaining and growing its community programs.
The Canberra Hospital Foundation is the only organisation that exists to raise funds for the health and support services delivered in all public hospitals and health centres in Canberra, including:
• Canberra Hospital, which provides trauma services and most major medical and surgical services
• Centenary Hospital for Women, Youth & Children
• Canberra Region Cancer Centre, a world class healthcare facility that brings together cancer treatment and related services in one purpose-built facility.
• North Canberra Hospital, formerly the Calvary Public Hospital
• University of Canberra Hospital, a rehabilitation facility that offers additional outpatient services.
• Walk-in centres, which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury,
• Community health centres, providing general and specialist health services to people of all ages,
• Community-based health services, such as early childhood services, youth and women’s health, dental health, mental health and alcohol and drug services, and
• Clare Holland House, an inpatient palliative care unit where a specially trained team cares for people with a life-threatening illness. Clare Holland House is a hospice serving the ACT and the region.
“ClubsACT considers that an alignment with the Foundation will create greater opportunities for clubs and club members to support the Foundation to develop long-term relationship[s] with significant positive impacts for the Canberra community,” stated ClubsACT president Kim Marshall.
ClubsACT CEO Craig Shannon added: “ClubsACT will partner with the Hospital Foundation to work with our members to support fundraising through 2024, each Club being encouraged to raise a minimum of $10,000. Our members are very excited to be involved in this partnership and we are proud to support the Foundation in their much-needed fundraising efforts.
“As not-for-profits, our members understand the vital need to support community focused organisations like the Canberra Hospital Foundation and to help generate the funds that are fundamental to the health and wellbeing of Canberra residents. This relationship very much aligns with the ethos of our industry and we are very excited to have developed this partnership.”
Funds received by The Canberra Hospital Foundation are used to acquire specialised equipment, fund important research, provide therapeutic programs, and make away-from-bed spaces less clinical for both patients and their families.