A crispy pork cutlet is teamed with a sweet, refreshing watermelon salad for a dish that combines the best of both worlds.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 10 x 200g pork cutlets
- 50ml apple cider vinegar
- 10ml honey
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5kg watermelon, trimmed
- 250g Lebanese cucumber
- 15g mint leaves
- 150g pitted Kalamata olives
- 200g feta
- 100ml grapeseed oil
- 50ml lemon juice
- 30ml bourbon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2g smoky paprika
- 5g thyme leaves
- In a food processor or blender, blend vinegar, honey and extra
virgin olive oil until emulsified. Season and refrigerate.
- Cut watermelon into 2cm pieces. Peel cucumber and cut into 1cm
thick slices. Gently toss watermelon and cucumber with mint, olives
- Whisk together all ingredients until combined.
- Lightly grease a char-grill and heat to high heat. Season pork cutlets
on both sides with salt and place on grill. Cook for approximately
4-5 minutes or until cooked, turning once. Remove from grill and
cover with a stainless steel bowl (to enhance smoke flavour and
- Gently toss watermelon salad with dressing. Brush pork cutlets with
pork baste and serve immediately.
Note: Cooking time based on bone-in chop approximately 1cm thick.